My stay at Hilton Ramesis Hotel in Cairo wasn’t really planned at all. I had to stay in the city one more night while waiting for my employer’s decision on what to do with my expired visa. It’s a long story which will bore you to death. When I arrived at the reception, I specifically told the guy that I want a room with a view of the Nile River – the higher the floor, the better. He assured me that I’d get the room I desired. He handed me the key to a room on the 18th floor.
As soon as I opened the door, I dropped my backpack and stepped out of the little private balcony. And instead of the Nile River I was expecting to see, I saw more of Cairo’s skyline that combines the old and the new. The Nile was on my further left and I can see just a little bit enough of it.
Here’s the view of Cairo skyline from Hilton Ramesis Hotel.
Hilton Ramesis Hotel in Cairo is just behind the world-renowned Egyptian Museum. The nearest Metro (or the subway) is Tahrir Square and it is 15 minutes walk. The promenade by the Nile is also within walking distance. There are not many restaurants around here but you can always walk to the area surrounding Tahrir Square where you can have a lot of choices.
OH, THE PLACES YOU'LL GO!
- Cairo Skyline from The Citadel
- From Downtown Cairo to the Pyramids by Public Transport
- View of the Pyramids from The Citadel in Cairo
- Photos: Inside the Red Pyramid in Cairo
- A Look Inside the Egyptian Museum in Cairo
- Cairo Graffiti – Windows to a Troubled Egypt
- Hatshepsut Temple – Scene of the Crime in 1997
- How To Explore The Pyramids of Egypt On Foot
- Scams and Annoyances in Egypt
- Photos of People Climbing the Great Pyramids of Giza
- View from the top – Cairo to Amman
- Video: This is What You’ll See Inside the Red Pyramid in Egypt
PLEASE SHARE THIS:
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Share on Skype (Opens in new window)