Toronto football fans went bonkers on the day when Germany won the World Cup 2014 in Brazil. They cheered loudly and spilled out onto the streets to celebrate victory for Germany’s football team. Argentina fans wept but not beyond inconsolable. It was a good game. Messi’s team didn’t lose without giving Muller’s team the best defense they could.
Meanwhile, in John and Front Streets in Toronto today, hundreds of fans from two opposing countries came to watch the game in searing summer heat. Win or lose, they all moved on after the game—and will wait for another 4 years again.
Before the game started, the Brazilian samba dancers entertained the fans with their booty-shaking moves.
World Cup isn’t just about football. It’s also about learning other cultures, right? 😉
This is how Toronto rolls.
There were more Germany fans who came in three full colors. Like these friends.
Or these cuties.
Argentina fans proudly held their flag high, above the rest of the crowd.
They got their faces painted, too.
Some people watched the game at the comfort of the air-conditioned lobby of CBC News Building.
Some didn’t mind the scorching summer sun on the streets.
Others stood from beginning to end.
And few sat down like they’re within the four walls of their living rooms.
When Argentina almost hit the goal, these fans rose and cheered.
But their hope was shattered and this guy was like… “Whoooaaaaaa…”
Meanwhile, Germany fans were nervous and were rejoicing it didn’t hit the goal.
And this handsome jock wasn’t impressed.
It was a loooong wait for a score.
But it was very exciting. Thrilling, even.
When both teams were playing at extended time, many wondered if the game would end in penalty.
This young fan was already bored.
And another young fan needs his rest.
When these hunks decided to go shirtless, the world was happy.
Then, suddenly, the adrenalin rush was awakened…
…when Germany’s Mario Gotze slammed that goal we’ve all been waiting for.
The crowd went bonkers.
And this guy proved he’s sexy and he knows it.
To celebrate the goal, this girl treated herself an ice cream.
Meanwhile, Argentina fans were hanging on.
With few minutes remaining, there’s still hope.
Who knows? Miracles do happen, right?
So, pray hard.
Then, silence was deafening.
And sadness was visible.
When the game ended, this news guy was excitedly reporting the events when a mob of German fans came to rejoice around him.
Germany fans claimed the streets.
Jumping. And shirtless.
As a German tradition, when someone wins, we all raise our glasses and say, “PROST!”
OH, THE PLACES YOU'LL GO!
- Things I learned from Brazil and Panama Soccer Match at PanAm Games 2015
- 2010 Buskerfest Toronto (Part 1)
- 2010 Shanghai World Expo – The Americas
- Nuit Blanche Toronto 2014-Walk Among The Worlds
- Scarborough Bluffs
- Zombie Walk Toronto 2014 Photos – Part 1
- Fall Colours in Crothers Woods
- The Guy That Holds The Flags of the World
- Postcards 20-27
- World Cup 2010 in Toronto
- 2010 Shanghai World Expo: Europe 1
- Mt. Fuji
PLEASE SHARE THIS:
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Share on Skype (Opens in new window)