I was watching a television yesterday morning when I saw a brief news feature about the sunflower farm between Guelph and Hamilton, an hour away from Toronto. I texted a friend if she’s interested to go and without much convincing, she said, “Yes, of course.” And that includes dragging her husband who had no qualms driving us there. That made three of us as sunflower farm virgins. Well, we’ve seen sunflowers before for sure, but not in a huge farm where these flowers are grown.
When we finally saw the sunflower farm, we couldn’t contain our excitement of such awesome beauty of millions of sunflower plants before us. The sun was playing hide and seek behind the immaculate clouds but when it showed up, the flowers seemed to be alive, proud and divine!
Where is it?
Bogle Seeds (Sunflower Farm)
572 Safari Road (West of Highway 6)
There were already a lot of cars parking on the roadside when we arrived around 3pm. Most of them were passersby who happened to see it from the road and decided to stop by to wander around the farm to take nice photos. The farm isn’t fenced and it’s accessible from the road itself. We didn’t see any owners or security guards there, so we just kept walking and taking lots of photos. We were very careful not to touch the flowers, or else the bees might sting us for disturbing their busy, peaceful life of gathering pollens and nectars from the golden plants.
Enjoy these golden acres of sunflowers.
OH, THE PLACES YOU'LL GO!
- Fall Colours in Crothers Woods
- Zombie Walk Toronto 2014 Photos – Part 1
- Get Wet at Albion Falls
- Go Out and Visit a Sunflower Farm
- Sunflower Farm in Innisfil
- The Frozen Beauty of Montmorency Falls
- What’s Inside the Ice Hotel in Quebec City
- Lavender Farm in Ontario
- 10 Day Trips From Toronto
- Chudleighs Apple Picking Farm
- Cheltenham Badlands in Fall
- Algonquin Park Fall Colours: The Lookout Trail
PLEASE SHARE THIS:
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Share on Skype (Opens in new window)