Souk Madinat in Dubai is a built like a little Arabian town, a clean version of a town. Don’t be intimidated by it’s grand entrance, fort-like walls and detailed arches. They’re designed to make you feel that you’re in a different realm in the Middle East. And once you step inside, you’ll forget the world outside. Going about and around from one souk to another, you’ll realize how poor you are for you can’t afford one thing that’s displayed there. Unless, of course, if you fart gold, silver and bronze. 😀
This is actually my favourite place in Dubai. Not that I have money (believe me, all I can afford is a hostel when I travel), but I liked the atmosphere here. There are shades everywhere and they’ve got Starbucks, too (something that I can afford). 😀 Also, the place made me feel like I’m rich. For a while. Hahahahahaha…
Kidding aside, I liked it here because it’s different from the gigantic malls the city is known for.
It’s different from the crowded beaches where the water is not that even enticing for a swim.
It’s different from the skyscrapers spreading across the city.
It’s the face of middle eastern culture, the expensive version of its kind.
It’s an endearing little town built to please everyone by awakening their senses into an arabic journey of architecture, culture, food and luxury.
At Souk Madinat, a charm life is possible.
Here, you can wander at peace, away from the tourist hawkers.
Fabulous lines of restaurants and cafes with fantastic views are everywhere.
If you fancy a dhow, ride one. Enjoy, relax and live the moment.
At Souk Madinat, life is beautiful. 🙂
OH, THE PLACES YOU'LL GO!
- Arabian Nights
- Ski Dubai – Your Winter Wonderland in the Desert
- View from the Top of Burj Khalifa
- Burj Al Arab Dubai is Not a Seven-Star Hotel
- Photos: Dubai Marina at Night
- Photos: Desert Sunset
- Dubai Sunset
- Strolling Along Dubai Creek
- The Divers at Dubai Mall Waterfalls
- The Mosaics at Wafi Mall
- The Most Beautiful Starbucks in the World
- Atlantis Dubai
PLEASE SHARE THIS:
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Share on Skype (Opens in new window)