Ski Dubai is a proof that in UAE, everything is possible in the desert. It’s the first indoor skiing park in the Middle East where it’s associated with unforgiving heat of the desert. It is nestled inside the Mall of the Emirates, one of the largest shopping malls in the world.
Ski Dubai is your amazing fake winter wonderland in the desert.
It has 5 ski runs, complete with ski lifts and everything you’ll find in a ski resort.
Its longest ski run is a record-breaking 400 meters.
They have play areas for kids to experience winter outdoor fun activities.
Winter gear is included in the admission price—but not gloves and hats. Would you wear used gloves and hats? 😉
And oh yeah, they have penguins, too, which they release several times a day.
You have to pay an additional fee if you want to get close and personal with the penguins.
During the day, the temperature, I was told, is maintained at -1C and it goes -6C at night when the chemical-free snow are made.
If you’re hungry after your winter adventure, rows of cafes (including Starbucks) and restaurants are just nearby.
OH, THE PLACES YOU'LL GO!
- Photos: Desert Sunset
- The Mosaics at Wafi Mall
- The Divers at Dubai Mall Waterfalls
- Souk Madinat in Dubai – A Little Arabian Town
- Dubai Sunset
- Arabian Nights
- Burj Al Arab Dubai is Not a Seven-Star Hotel
- Strolling Along Dubai Creek
- View from the Top of Burj Khalifa
- Photos: Dubai Marina at Night
- Dubai Under Construction
- Mall of Dubai Aquarium and Underground Zoo
PLEASE SHARE THIS:
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Share on Skype (Opens in new window)