Sheesh Mahal is inside Amer Fort in Jaipur. It’s a flickering Palace of Mirrors that would delight your experience in the imposing fort. You can’t miss it. Most tourists spend a long time here, taking a hundred selfies. And that means, good luck finding a spot for your own selfie without Neanderthals in the background.
So, what makes this palace special and unique?
Sheesh Mahal is a unique hall covered in mirror tiles plastered on the walls and the ceilings.
The glass mirrors are brought from Belgium.
These mirrors reflect light rays.
And these light rays give natural light to the entire hall inside the Jai Mandir.
If you look closer, you’ll also find that the columns, walls and ceilings are carved with interesting designs.
There are flowers of various colours and patterns of different shapes.
It is said that one candle is enough to light up the entire hall.
Can you imagine in a dark room full of mirrors and one tiny flicker of light makes a difference?
Explore Amer Fort (or Amber) in this post.
OH, THE PLACES YOU'LL GO!
- Jal Mahal is a Dream-like Water Palace in Jaipur
- Jantar Mantar in Jaipur – Where You’ll Find the Largest Stone Sundial in the World
- Hawa Mahal at Night
- Hawa Mahal – A Pink-Washed Palace of the Winds in Jaipur
- Amer Fort – A Palace Perched on a Hill in Jaipur
- Taj Mahal – The Monument of Love
- Jaipur City Palace – Your Window to Royal Extravagance
- Isa Khan Tomb – An Asylum of Paradise
- Interesting Facts About Agra Fort
- The Beautiful Jama Masjid in Fatehpur Sikri
- Jama Masjid – The Largest Mosque in India
- The Magnificent Tomb of Akbar the Great
PLEASE SHARE THIS:
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Share on Skype (Opens in new window)