ROCK ON ICE is an aerial acrobatics and ice-skating show at the on-going exhibition at CNE. This show is daily at 2:00 pm and 7:30 p.m. While rock songs are being played live by gorgeous members of the rock band, more than ten figure skaters hit the rink flawlessly and with enthusiasm.
This is my first professional figure skating performance I saw live with my big but beautiful naked eyes. :)) Yeah, yeah, yeah….. this sport is one of the million frustrations I have in my life. I tried it more than ten times before but, still, I can’t get on the ice faster than a child/beginner skater.
“The star figure skating pair Jamie Salé and David Pelletier will make a special
appearance during the first two weekends of the CNE. Skating together since 1998, they have won numerous national and international championships, and brought home a gold medal for Canada at the 2002 Olympic Winter Games. They were inducted into the Canadian Olympic Hall of Fame in 2009.”
This duo are guest performers on these dates only: Friday, August 20th – Sunday, August 22nd & Friday,August 27th – Sunday, August 29th.
In this video below, see them from 4:34 to 5:28.
These figure skaters look so good on ice and judging from their performance, they seem to belong in the skating rink. They have this aura of fun and passion that make me envious how free they can fly, run and dance wild like it the most natural thing for them to do on earth.
If one day, I’d be able to figure skate one 1km/hour, I’d be damn happy and ready to run shirtless for two minutes in more than -25 C temperature.
OH, THE PLACES YOU'LL GO!
- Gloria Gaynor Concert
- Fall Colours in Crothers Woods
- Zombie Walk Toronto 2014 Photos – Part 1
- What’s Inside the Ice Hotel in Quebec City
- Flash Mob in Dundas
- The Frozen Beauty of Montmorency Falls
- World Cup 2010 in Toronto
- Ladies of Caribana 2
- Skating in Harbourfront
- Ladies of Caribana 1
- 2010 Buskerfest Toronto (Part 1)
- Turkish Festival
PLEASE SHARE THIS:
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Share on Skype (Opens in new window)