Want to see the real Philippines? Go to Quiapo. It never fails to amaze and annoy you. If you’re broad-minded enough to discover the places around Quiapo on foot, chances are, you’ll be rewarded with something only few tourists know.
Manila is not a city you’ll love to learn at first sight. Go and explore deeper and you’ll know the city can be the city of your dreams. Filipinos are one of the awesome people the world has ever known. 😉
Quiapo is known for it’s devout Catholic followers. The mention of the name itself, the locals have this image of the bustling area where the Quiapo Church is the center of everything and around. Quiapo Church houses the Black Nazarene, a rare black statue of Jesus Christ carrying a cross which many believed as miraculous.
If you happened to be here on January 9, good luck if you could go around. It’s the feast of the Black Nazarene and thousands of devotees gather to touch the statue for favors and miracles. Every year, there are casualties of the stampede. That thing they do for religion is just insane.
Visit the Philippines during Holy Week and you’ll be blown away how Catholic / religious Filipinos are.
Before going inside the Quiapo Church, buy one of these candles. Each color represents the wishes you want to be realized. Ask the saleslady for the right candle. 😉
Want some religious statues as souvenirs, anyone? From rosary to relious hankerchief statue of Child Jesus, this vendor provide you everything you need for your home altar.
Quiapo is also known as the place where you can find everything. Fake diploma? Second-hand stuff? Food stalls? Fake products? Etc… Name it, they all have it here. It’s your one-stop shopping district.
OH, THE PLACES YOU'LL GO!
- Intramuros and Fort Santiago in Manila
- Manila Bay Sunset
- Luneta Park in Manila
- Boracay Sunset is the best in the world
- Holy Week in The Philippines – Apo Island
- Snorkeling and Island Hopping in Boracay
- Ilig-Iligan Beach in Boracay Island
- Davao Butterfly Garden
- Bat Cave in Boracay Island
- What it’s like inside Davao Crocodile Park
- MHB 2010: Artistic Performance
- Nightlife in Boracay
PLEASE SHARE THIS:
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Share on Skype (Opens in new window)