Dubai Marina has the world’s longest row / block of skyscrapers. And when this area in Dubai is completely finished, it’s going to beat California’s Marina del Ray as the largest man-made marina in the world. And that’s an additional world record for Dubai who is so obsessed with breaking world records.
As a man-made artificial canal, the marina is developed along the Persian Gulf shoreline. It is 3 kilometers long and has 7 kilometres of pedestrian walkway. At the other end of the marina is the crowded Jumeirah Beach Residence (or JBR as the locals call them) which happens to be the world’s largest single phase residential development with more than 30 residential towers and five hotels.
I never had the chance to visit Dubai Marina during the day. I went there at night to meet a friend who was having a drinking spree in his friend’s apartment in one of those tall skyscrapers around the area. However, before I joined them, I strolled along the canal to get a glimpse of what makes this place a great destination for visitors.
Things to do at Dubai Marina:
I bet there are many things to do around the Marina but, unfortunately, because of the limited time I was able to do three only. And also I was kinda exhausted due to a strong hangover from the previous night of hedonism.
Stroll around. Well, this is a classic thing to do when you want to have an idea of what’s in store for you around here. And it’s good for photo opportunities, too!
Take a boat tour. I think this is a better option if you do it with someone because it’s kinda romantic to be in a dhow. Feels like Venice, I guess? LOL…
Grab a sit at the cafe or at the restaurant. There are so many of them along the canal. It’s very hard to find the best place and go people watching. However, any place here is good, just don’t go and do this at lunch time. Dinner alfresco is recommended. Prices are a bit expensive, but there’s nothing wrong treating yourself sometimes, right? 😉 Especially, at the end of the day.
If you are really on a tight budget, there are benches where you can sit and write an ode to the Persian Gulf. 😀
So, among the skyscrapers above, which one is the “fairest of ’em all?” I bet, I hear you saying, “The Twisted Tower!”.
Obviously, I won’t argue with that.
OH, THE PLACES YOU'LL GO!
- Dubai at Night
- Burj Al Arab Dubai is Not a Seven-Star Hotel
- View from the Top of Burj Khalifa
- Strolling Along Dubai Creek
- Souk Madinat in Dubai – A Little Arabian Town
- Dubai Sunset
- Photos: Desert Sunset
- Arabian Nights
- The Mosaics at Wafi Mall
- The Divers at Dubai Mall Waterfalls
- Ski Dubai – Your Winter Wonderland in the Desert
- Dubai Under Construction
PLEASE SHARE THIS:
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Share on Skype (Opens in new window)