I watched the Light and Sound Show at the Pyramids from the rooftop of my guest house. It’s free, of course. But, if you’re staying somewhere with no view of the Pyramids, then, you’ve got to shell out $10 to see it at night.
Instead of paying the entrance fee to see the show, it would be better if you spend the same amount of money by going to Pizza Hut (in front of the ticket booth to the Pyramids). You buy a piece of pizza, get your drink and bring it to the rooftop. There, you’ll see the whole panorama of the Pyramids landscape at night, unobstructed from anything. The view from above is more magnificent than the view on ground level.
The Light and Sound Show at the Pyramids starts at 7:00 in the evening.
It’s a 30-minute show with historical narrative on how the Pyramid was built.
I found the show pretty spectacular in the first 10 minutes.
And after that, I found it kinda boring.
Well, history is boring, but there must be a way to make it more interesting and appealing to everybody—in all ages, right?
The show lacks drama and thrill. The sound system sucks, too!
The lights aren’t even well-thought of and the overall choreography / coordination is a drag.
There were only few people (less than 20, I think) who watched the show. Most of them, I reckon, are tourists staying in hotels.
There are supposed to be three shows a night: 7:00, 8:00 and 9:00. But, they can be cancelled when there are less than 10 spectators to be served.
I think it’s time for those who are in-charge of this show to rethink their strategy. First, they have to fix that sound system and re-invent the story line by making it more dramatic and thrilling. The Pyramids look dramatic when lit but the narrative lacks drama.
Here’s a suggestion:
Why can’t they create a live performance show with the Pyramids as the background? I think it would be more interesting to see when there are live horses, soldiers, camels, actors, etc… on the set than listening to an ancient story. It’s a massive task but it’s more interactive and less boring, for sure.
And yeah, I won’t mind paying a little bit more. 😉
Search for daily for Flights, Hotels, Cruises, Vacation Packages and car Rentals on EXPEDIA!
OH, THE PLACES YOU'LL GO!
- Photos of People Climbing the Great Pyramids of Giza
- How To Explore The Pyramids of Egypt On Foot
- From Downtown Cairo to the Pyramids by Public Transport
- Photos: Inside the Red Pyramid in Cairo
- View of the Pyramids from The Citadel in Cairo
- Video: This is What You’ll See Inside the Red Pyramid in Egypt
- Cairo Graffiti – Windows to a Troubled Egypt
- Cairo Skyline from The Citadel
- Scams and Annoyances in Egypt
- Inside the Tomb of King Ramesses IV at the Valley of the Kings
- Sphinx Guest House – Room with a view of the Pyramids
- Photos: The Guards at Karnak Temple in Luxor
PLEASE SHARE THIS:
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Share on Skype (Opens in new window)