I went to two world records today. Oh no, I’m not talking about my sex life. LOL…
I’m talking about two amazing things I’ve seen today: the World’s largest Ferris Wheel and the Largest Aquarium Tank in Osaka.
Well, I didn’t know that until I read the brochure.
THE LARGEST FERRIS WHEEL IN THE WORLD
I love ferris wheels.
When I was young, it’s a habit of mine to ride a ferris wheel, which only existed during our town’s fiesta. I’ve asked my mother money for school projects but I actually spent it for this exciting ride. Way back then, when life was simple, trying it once a year was already an unexplainable pleasure of childhood joy.
I love the feeling of being up there in the open air and see the world under my feet. I’d shout at the top of my lungs when it wheels up and down from slow to fast.
I’m disappointed when I took the ride on the world’s largest ferris wheel. I thought it’s going to be an experience of a lifetime, but, duh, it was so slow. One cycle is about 15 minutes. Freakin’ slow. It’s like a slow motion in a movie. That’s what I got for burning out 700 yen!
Though slow, I decided to go back at night to see Osaka’s panorama at night time. It was an awesome experience but definitely not the ride of a lifetime! But, it’s still worth it.
Seeing the city’s panorama at night on a ferris wheel is a different perspective that going up via elevator to the top floor of a building.
THE LARGEST AQUARIUM IN THE WORLD
Well, like any other aquariums I have seen before, there are a lot of fish, of course. :)) The whale shark (a.k.a Blade Runner) is intriguing. It’s huge and seem safe. I’m not sure how dangerous they are.
The Blade Runner is aquarium’s star attraction and everybody seemed to be so gaga about it when they see it—including me. Well, I’m always gaga over everything.
There are a lot of fish varieties in there. While I’m happy to see them, I’m not really happy how big fish can be put into aquariums. It’s just so wrong for me.
Instead of an aquarium, the world should build an underwater glass tunnel or underwater glass ship so we could go under the ocean if we wanna see underwater creatures. I’ll pay whatever it costs. 🙂
Next to Osaka Aquarium is the Suntory Museum which is actually NOT a museum but an art gallery. They have art exhibits of the works of international and Japanese contemporary artists. But the main attraction why people take a side trip to this building (after the Aquarium) is its 3D IMAX Theater.
I burned 1000 yen for the experience of it. It included a free drink which I claimed at the theater’s rooftop bar overlooking the sea and with a fantastic sunset.
DEEP SEA is sort of a documentary movie which was shot, where else, but under the sea in California and Mexico. Johnny Depp and Kate Winslet lent their voices for this movie.
OH, THE PLACES YOU'LL GO!
- Visiting Osaka for Two Days
- Dotombori Namba is the heartbeat of Osaka
- Open Museum of Traditional Houses
- Osaka Skyline from Umeda Sky Building
- The Glorious Osaka Castle
- Japan: Gay Osaka
- Itsukushima Shrine in Miyajima Island
- The Winding Path of Fushimi Inari Taisha
- The Crookedest Street in the World?
- Photo of the Day – Red O Torii in Miyajima
- The Golden Pavilion in Kyoto
- Todai-ji Temple in Nara
PLEASE SHARE THIS:
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Share on Skype (Opens in new window)