Last weekend, I brought a dear friend to the hills of Jingshan Park. He asked me where to see sunset in Beijing and I couldn’t think of any but Jingshan Park, at the back of the Forbidden City or Gugong. And we were never disappointed.
It was a beautiful day. Beautiful, in the real sense of the word—which includes clear, blue sky in the entire city. One could gaze long and see the horizon visibly clear at the far distance.
Though we arrived around 6:00 pm, the sun was still on fire! We nestled ourselves in one of the open pavilions, sat and talked about his heartaches over his last boyfriend. You see, he came to Beijing to nurse a broken heart but I told him it’s not the place to mend a crushed heart! LOL…
So, here are the photos from the sunset.
Photographers, tourists, and locals blend together for the spectacular sunset viewing at Jingshan Park Hill.
The Eastside where the CBD is.
The Forbidden City from Jingshan Hill
Looka, looka, looka!
Oh, dude, there was noise pollution (from camera shutters) when this one appeared.
The Beihai Park and Houhai Lake
Another day ends and another one begins ….. somewhere….
OH, THE PLACES YOU'LL GO!
PLEASE SHARE THIS:
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Share on Skype (Opens in new window)