The locals in Barcelona call Casa Batllo -as The House of Bones. You can’t blame them because if you look at it outside from afar, the casa looks like bones, indeed. Its eclectic facade design carries through the walls, door, floors and rooms inside the house. So, it’s a good idea to have an audio guide – and prepare to be dumbstruck by this UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Since the casa is a work of Gaudi, expect a whopping price of 23.5 euros. Yes, it is that ridiculously expensive! If you want to skip the line to the ticket booth, buy your ticket online. Go in the morning for photographic reasons. There’s a different price for an early morning (36 euros – for first 10 people) visit but don’t buy it. Wait for a while until they decide to let you in for general admission.
This is the facade of Casa Batllo – The House of Bones.
If you look at it, the bone-like structure supports the building.
And these are the tiny balconies.
Guess – is it a skull or a masquerade ball mask?
Can you see the fish scales and the spine? As you can tell from its facade, this casa is inspired from the deep blue sea.
It’s marine theme goes deep as you go inside the house, too.
You’ll see waves on its roof.
Some aquatic references on its windows and doors.
This room is a great example of lights and colours complementing each other.
Enjoy the rest of the photos.
Gaudi also designed the Sagrada Familia, Spain’s most-visited tourist attraction.
OH, THE PLACES YOU'LL GO!
- The Majestic Arc de Triomf in Barcelona
- There’s a Rainbow Tunnel Inside the Sagrada Familia
- 10 Interesting Facts About Sagrada Familia
- Barcelona from the top of Sagrada Familia
- Casa Pedrera – The House That Looks Like an Open Quarry
- Step Back in Time at Barri Gotic
- Casa Batllo at Night Really Looks Like a House of Bones
- Time Stands Still at Seville Real Alcazar
- The Symbols on the Facade of Sagrada Familia
- Take a Peek of Catalan Art at MNAC
- A Look Inside The Splendid Royal Palace of Madrid
- Plaza de España at Night Literally Takes My Breath Away
PLEASE SHARE THIS:
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Share on Skype (Opens in new window)