Catedral Primada de America
La Zona Colonial
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Wedding, they say, is the world’s most romantic love story ever told. Every woman wants to make it perfect while every man wants it just the way she wants it to be. No wonder, a wedding is a woman’s show. It’s all about her. Never a man’s.
You can disagree with me on that. 🙂
I was in Santo Domingo last weekend. While roaming around and taking photos of Catedral Primada de America (America’s first Cathedral), I saw 4 couples doing their wedding pictorials around the Cathedral’s vicinity. The bride above had 8 people attending to her needs and telling her what to do and how to pose. During their short break, I asked her if I could take some photos and she said, “Si.”
The groom, on the other hand, was standing under the Cathedral’s shadow in an afternoon sun nearby. I could tell that he admired her beautiful bride. His eyes were fixed on her. Perhaps, he was thinking how beautiful she was in her simple yet elegant wedding dress. He would smile when his bride looked at him from time to time. There were love in their eyes. The looks they exchanged were unmistakably ones that would—hopefully—last for a lifetime.
Isn’t she gorgeous?
Her wedding gown is simply elegant!
I didn’t catch the moment they kissed but I did after they did it. It was sweet. 🙂
OH, THE PLACES YOU'LL GO!
- AMERICA’S FIRST CATHEDRAL
- The Girl and the Pigeons at Parque Colon
- Dominican Republic in 5 Minutes
- Santo Domingo Carnaval Performer
- Museo de las Casa Reales
- Part 2: 2012 Santo Domingo Carnaval
- Calle Las Damas
- Santo Domingo: The Heavy Carnaval Costume
- Santo Domingo Carnaval 2012 and a bad experience
- Dominican Republic: The Acrobats
PLEASE SHARE THIS:
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Share on Skype (Opens in new window)