This week’s CNN Challenge is to dig an old photograph of someplace, then, go to that location and line it up to the present-day view.
I’ve been meaning to post a blog entry of the photo documentation of the CCTV Tower / Headquarter here in Beijing but I was too lazy to dig into my old files—until today! :))
Everyday, I passed by this
building on my way to work. And when I arrive in my classroom, this is
the view from my glass window.
So, I decided to submit my own documentation
of this grand work of architecture.
I am a witness to the
transformation of this building almost everyday of the year (I mostly
work on Saturdays and Sundays, too!)!
The CCTV Tower / Headquarter is a very imposing skyscraper in
Chaoyang District. If you are into modern architectural design, it is a must to visit this place though it seems construction has been stopped. Or maybe, it’s going on but I can’t see it from the outside.
I started taking pictures of this building,
designed by the Dutch architect, Rem Koolhaas, when I arrived in Beijing
in 2005 but I lost some of the earlier photos. :((
towers were connected on December 26, 2007.
Most of my Chinese students, don’t
appreciate it’s beauty. In fact, this wonderful building earns a
monicker, the pants —which of course, according to them, looks like
the pants. :))
OH, THE PLACES YOU'LL GO!
- CNN Challenge: Walk The World
- Lantern Festival 2010
- The Great Wall in Winter
- Dancing in The City
- The Long Corridor at Beihai Park
- The Best Section of The Great Wall of China
- Beijing:Temple of Heaven
- Beijing Santacon
- Pingyao in the Afternoon
- Beijing PRIDE
- Christmas in Beijing
- Beijing Finally Joins International Pillowfight Day!
PLEASE SHARE THIS:
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Share on Skype (Opens in new window)