Beijing was crazy last night, Christmas Eve.
China, of course, doesn’t celebrate Christmas. But, in big cities, like Beijing, it has become a fad.
Just a fad.
Right after work yesterday, I decided to visit the St. Joseph Cathedral in Wangfujing to try my new toy, Canon 500D.
As early 4:30 p.m., the surge of crowd was like a surge of humanity like no other. It’s 30 minutes before rush hour and the subway was surely full. A lot of these commuters were wearing Santa hat and accessorizing their frozen body with other unfashionable stuff that you would mistake last night as a Halloween night.
So, anyway… here are the photos of the early evening. When the crowd started to gather in the piazza in front of the Church, my camera battery died.
I still stayed for another another hour nosing around like the tens of policemen around the area in search of something illegal and perhaps, FUN.
Almost all salespeople in Wangfujing had a Santa hat to join the Christmas agog.
She’s selling what? Hello! It’s Christmas. See? It’s Christmas! It’s not freaking’ Halloween!
The Church’ facade is illuminated with bright lights all night of the year!
Too early for Easter Bunnies?
A young girl is taking a pic of her friends.
She was complaining to her mother to hurry up pressing the shutter so she could go down the huge lower pot for fear of falling.
OH, THE PLACES YOU'LL GO!
PLEASE SHARE THIS:
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Share on Skype (Opens in new window)