Google a place on where to eat churros in Madrid and there’s one that stands out: Chocolateria de San Gines. It’s in an alley so it would be a bit difficult to find. But if you ask the locals around Puerta del Sol, they know where it is. It’s a cafe both popular to the tourists and the locals. I found this place on my second day in the city but I didn’t get in because the queue was insane! I’m impatient when I’m hungry. 😀
So, when I met up with my fab friend who I’ve never seen for years, we decided to check this cafe out. And as expected, we did line up but not for long. The only table we could get was the one in the basement. It was ok – the walls were surrounded with mirrors so, I felt pretty. 😀
Chocolateria de San Gines – Where Churros Taste Good
The cafe is always busy. So, good luck finding a table. 😀
Perhaps, the most coveted tables are the ones outside.
Don’t just try their delicious, freshly-made churros.
It’s much better when it’s paired up with their thick, dark and strong hot chocolate! Yum!
And oh yeah, dunk that churros deep, deeper, deepest! 😉
When you’re bloated, head to Plaza Mayor. It’s just 5 minutes walk from the cafe. Outside the west end corner of Plaza Mayor, check out the following: Botin Restaurant (the oldest in the World and mentioned in Hemingway’s “The Sun Also Rises”and Las Cuevas Luis de Candelas Restaurant (a themed restaurant named after Spain’s Robinhood).
OH, THE PLACES YOU'LL GO!
- Pride Critic Madrid 2016 Orgullo
- Photos: All the Food at Mercado de San Miguel
- The Hideout of the Robinhood of Madrid
- The Grand Staircase at Palacio Real
- A Look Inside The Splendid Royal Palace of Madrid
- Things to do at El Retiro Park
- MADO 2016 – Carrera de Tacones
- Plaza de Toros de Las Ventas – Where to Watch Bullfight in Madrid
- Don Quixote Tapestry at Palacio Real
- Madrid Sunset from Terrazas Circulo Las Bellas Artes
- Botin Restaurant – The Oldest in the World
- Madrid Pride Parade 2016 – Madrid Orgullo Manifestacion
PLEASE SHARE THIS:
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Share on Skype (Opens in new window)