Calle Las Damas
La Zona Colonial
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
La Zona Colonial (Colonial Zone) in Santo Domingo is DIRTY. There are only very few trash cans and when you can see one, it’s super full. Litters are literally everywhere in the area and it’s disgusting.
The cleanest street around here is the Calle Las Damas (pictured above). You know why? That’s because there’s a posh hotel here and few government offices. That explains the shiny cars in the photo.
La Zona Colonial is an area where ALL tourists go to see some ancient colonial architecture, culture, history and meet local people. Some of these buildings are impressive and the museums around this area are worth visiting BUT there are no English brochures to be given after paying the entrance fee. There are even no translations in each relic captions. So, you better explore the place with a local friend or a tour guide.
OH, THE PLACES YOU'LL GO!
- Santo Domingo Carnaval 2012 and a bad experience
- Santo Domingo: The Heavy Carnaval Costume
- Santo Domingo Carnaval Performer
- Part 2: 2012 Santo Domingo Carnaval
- AMERICA’S FIRST CATHEDRAL
- Museo de las Casa Reales
- The Girl and the Pigeons at Parque Colon
- Dominican Republic: The Groom and His Bride
- Dominican Republic in 5 Minutes
- Sirenis Cocotal Beach Resort
- Dominican Republic: The Acrobats
PLEASE SHARE THIS:
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Share on Skype (Opens in new window)