The view of Cairo skyline from The Citadel isn’t really the best one you could get but it’s good enough to see the city from this elevated point. From here, sprawling Old Cairo dominates the skyline that’s covered in pollution. Tall buildings are far and away, except for the skinny, towering minarets from the mosques. Surrounding the Fortress are concrete, brick houses of mostly earth hues and narrow streets with unending traffic dilemma.
There are two open terraces where you can see Cairo skyline from The Citadel. This is the first one I discovered on the northern side.
And the other one is on the western side. It’s a good place to take a nap under the burning sun. 😀
As you can see, Cairo’s traffic is damn chaotic. If you survive driving in Cairo, you’ll survive driving anywhere in the world.
Big and small mosques proliferate around here. Few are centuries old.
The city’s skyline is almost devoid of towering structures.
In this contrasting frame, you’ll see the old and the new Cairo. How many mosques can you count?
Yes, Cairo isn’t really all that sand. The city has a bit of green spaces, too. But, good luck resting under the shades. The scorching sun would still get your skin baking.
And oh, do you know that you can also see the Great Pyramids of Giza from here? Click here for the photos.
OH, THE PLACES YOU'LL GO!
- View of Cairo Skyline from Hilton Ramesis Hotel
- How To Explore The Pyramids of Egypt On Foot
- Photos of People Climbing the Great Pyramids of Giza
- View of the Pyramids from The Citadel in Cairo
- A Look Inside the Egyptian Museum in Cairo
- Photos: Inside the Red Pyramid in Cairo
- From Downtown Cairo to the Pyramids by Public Transport
- Video: This is What You’ll See Inside the Red Pyramid in Egypt
- Photos: Sunrise at Mt Sinai
- Karnak Temple – The World’s Largest Open-Air Museum
- Hatshepsut Temple – Scene of the Crime in 1997
- Review – Bob Marley Hostel in Luxor
PLEASE SHARE THIS:
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Share on Skype (Opens in new window)