Burj Al Arab Dubai is not a certified seven-star hotel in the world. You read the title right.
No one ever rated it as such. In fact, its website doesn’t boast itself as “the only seven star hotel in the world.” No, they don’t use that, too, in their advertising anywhere. Also, the hotel doesn’t rate itself as five-star hotel but a luxury hotel. Period.
And oh, if you’re really curious how much will it cost you for a night, check here.
The truth is: a British journalist dubbed it as the “world’s only seven star hotel” during its press briefing. She was so impressed that she rated it herself—and the world believed her. So, now, no one can ever stop the gossip she spearheaded. LOL….
I must admit that I believed the gossip, too. 😀 However, I came across an online article that “the only certified seven-star hotel in the world” is in Milan, Italy. Go and click that link and judge it yourself!
Burj Al-Arab or Tower of the Arabs is built on a man-made island.
It is the world’s 3rd tallest hotel.
It’s is shaped as a dhow, a traditional Arabian sea vessel.
It has 56 floors—three of which are below ground (or under the sea?)
Surrounding the hotel is a public beach with bikini-clad people and a lot of tourists.
And they have a free wifi station, too.
They also have a beach boardwalk —in case if you’re walking in heels. 😀
At night, the sail-like building shows its true colours.
Travel Tip: Have dinner al-fresco at a Turkish Restaurant just right off the corner on a street that leads to its entrance.
You can see Burj Al Arab anywhere. Here’s a view from Souk Madinat.
Travel Tip: Have your lunch at Souk Madinat and drink in this view.
It’s also visible when you’re on Dubai’s Metro.
And of course, it is clearly stunning from the Top of Burj Khalifa, the world’s tallest building.
But, I think it’s more stunning if I photobomb its architectural beauty with my rainbow wig! 😉
You see, without me in this photo, Burj Al-Arab’s architecture is plain bland on a beautiful day. LOL…
OH, THE PLACES YOU'LL GO!
- Burj Khalifa Facade- The Tallest Building in the World
- View from the Top of Burj Khalifa
- Photos: Dubai Marina at Night
- Strolling Along Dubai Creek
- Arabian Nights
- Souk Madinat in Dubai – A Little Arabian Town
- Dubai Sunset
- Photos: Desert Sunset
- The Divers at Dubai Mall Waterfalls
- The Emirates Palace in Abu Dhabi
- The Mosaics at Wafi Mall
- Ski Dubai – Your Winter Wonderland in the Desert
PLEASE SHARE THIS:
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Share on Skype (Opens in new window)