San Jose prides itself as the capital of Silicon Valley. For an outsider, the city’s rich Spanish cultural heritage is in contrast with the booming local high-tech industry that proliferates in the area. The blending of the old and new makes the city a more exciting place to visit for a weekend trip.
To make your weekend trip memorable, these affordable independent hotels in San Jose are ready to show you their own brand of hospitality.
Located near the airport, Vagabond Inn is your ideal place to stay if you have a flight to catch. With a reasonable price, the hotel is a better option to save money for startup business travelers because it’s right at the heart of Silicon Valley – you don’t have to drive further. The tram conveniently stops right across the road. The hotel offers free breakfast, free wi-fi, free parking, and a pool.
Downtown San Jose is just a mile from Hotel Elan. If you’re up to discover the city on foot from the hotel to downtown, you’ll find yourself loving the city, passing by restaurants, entertainment, and shopping quarters. The San Jose Convention Center is a 5-minute or less drive away. This is one of the very few accommodation in the city that is pet-friendly.
Extended Stay America San Jose – Edenvale North
If you’re visiting Silicon Valley for a longer time, Extended Stay America San Jose is the best value for your bucks. Each room has its own full kitchen equipped with microwave oven, refrigerator, stove, cutlery, dishes, cooking wares, dishes, and coffee maker. Nearby, there’s a grocery store, restaurants, and banking institutions. This pet-friendly hotel offers free breakfast, free wi-fi, free parking, and a fitness center.
EZ 8 Motel San Jose
With unbeatable room rates, EZ 8 Motel San Jose II is for those who don’t have much money to spend. It’s not a luxurious one but pretty much comfortable for you and your pet to stay in for a night or two. Each room is furnished with a cable TV and they have an on-site game room, too. The light rail system to San Jose State University is next to this motel. Several restaurants are within reach on foot.
Hotel De Anza
This boutique hotel is not within the category of affordable but it’s worth your money. It has its own charm that never fails to captivate the guests once they’re inside. It is a beautifully renovated building with a classical art deco design that will instantly make one feel connected to its past. This downtown hotel is close to the entertainment and dining district, San Jose Convention Center, and local attractions. Hotel De Anza has three restaurants to choose from for your fine dining experience. It’s an absolute must to try their award-winning Italian restaurant, La Pastaia. And if you’re into jazz music, stop by at Hedley Club Lounge on Saturdays where you’ll be treated to an amazing jazz mini-concert.
Whether you’ll be here in San Jose for leisure or for business at the Silicon Valley, your time is well-spent when you stay in one of these affordable independent hotels in the city.
OH, THE PLACES YOU'LL GO!
- Boutique Hotels in Manhattan
- Where to Stay in San Diego
- Millennials Share Their Tips for Working While Traveling the Globe
- Top Hotels in Charlotte, Greensboro and More Accepting of All Lifestyles
- Top Independent Hotels in the US Daytona Beach
- Top Boutique Hotels in the US Richmond
- Hipmunk Hotels: Midwest Hotels With a View in Wichita, Detroit, and More
- Boutique Hotels in the US New York City
- Xpat Matt’s Budget-Friendly Adventures in the American West
- Convenient Boutique Hotels in Albuquerque
- Hipmunk Hotels: Unique Festivals in Galveston, Grand Prairie and More
- How to Spend a Weekend in San Jose
PLEASE SHARE THIS:
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Share on Skype (Opens in new window)