Botin Restaurant in Madrid is touted as the “Oldest Restaurant in the World.” Such prestige is confirmed and awarded by the Guinness World of Record. The restaurant has been serving food since 1725! Yeah, 9 more years and the restaurant will be celebrating its existence for 300 years! Wow, right?
But, let me say this: I didn’t eat here. Not because it was expensive but I forgot my wallet at my apartment and I only had €20 with me. So, I told myself that I’d be back but I got busy with my summer course. I totally forgot this “must thing to do in Madrid.” However, most locals I talked to won’t really recommend it because it’s “for tourist only.” That’s their way of saying, “Ive never been there” 😀
Perhaps, the most famous waiter employed by Botin Restaurant is Francisco de Goya.
Goya is a well-known Spanish romantic painter and printmaker. He worked at Botin as a dishwasher while still at school.
Rumour has it that suckling pig is the restaurant’s specialty which costs €22.
Botin Restaurant is also one of Ernest Hemingway‘s favourite places to eat while living in Madrid.
In fact, Botin is mentioned several times in his internationally-acclaimed novel, The Sun Also Rises.
Botin Restaurant is just adjacent to Las Cuevas de Luis Candelas Restaurant. It’s right off Plaza Mayor, along Calle Cuchellero.
OH, THE PLACES YOU'LL GO!
- The Hideout of the Robinhood of Madrid
- Photos: All the Food at Mercado de San Miguel
- Madrid Sunset from Terrazas Circulo Las Bellas Artes
- Pride Critic Madrid 2016 Orgullo
- Madrid Pride Parade 2016 – Madrid Orgullo Manifestacion
- The Grand Staircase at Palacio Real
- MADO 2016 – Carrera de Tacones
- Don Quixote Tapestry at Palacio Real
- Chocolateria de San Gines – Where Churros Taste Good
- Plaza de Toros de Las Ventas – Where to Watch Bullfight in Madrid
- This Fallen Angel Statue is Dedicated to the Devil and it Stands 666 Meters Above Sea Level
- Things to do at El Retiro Park
PLEASE SHARE THIS:
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Share on Skype (Opens in new window)