Arabian Nights is, perhaps, associated with talented belly dancers showing off their dancing prowess to the delight of the crowd (mostly men?) while breathing their hookah in and out. Throw it with an rhythm of the inviting arabic music and the air is filled with amorous desires for mid-eastern beauties with hypnotizing, tantalizing gazes that would stick in your memory forever.
Ok, I think that’s a very graphic description that raises internal libido—-Hollywood style. 😀
While staying in Dubai for 4 days, I joined a desert sunset safari just 45 minutes drive outside the city. The sunset, of course, was magnificent—but that’s another blog post later here.
Right after the sunset, we were invited to chill or dine alfresco in the only restaurant in the middle of nowhere.
It was our choice to either sit on the table or sit on the carpet, like the Arabians do.
Of what essence are Arabian nights without a sisha to puff?
And a camel for the tourists? 😉
Looking for the loo? You have to pass this monumental door with an exquisite lamp above.
This place is actually quiet romantic—only if you’re not alone! 😀 😀
Our dinner went better than we expected. The weather was perfect! The food was ok and the music was great! Nearly all the guests were dancing, including me—because I was dragged by another solo traveler from Belgium who was so keen on trying Arabic dancing. Duh, my pole-dancing moves were useless. 😀
Arabian Nights is actually a beautiful collection of ancient tales narrated by a sultana who told them to her jealous, murderous husband—to keep him amused and herself alive.
OH, THE PLACES YOU'LL GO!
- Dubai Sunset
- The Mosaics at Wafi Mall
- Photos: Desert Sunset
- Souk Madinat in Dubai – A Little Arabian Town
- Burj Al Arab Dubai is Not a Seven-Star Hotel
- Ski Dubai – Your Winter Wonderland in the Desert
- View from the Top of Burj Khalifa
- The Divers at Dubai Mall Waterfalls
- Strolling Along Dubai Creek
- Photos: Dubai Marina at Night
- The Most Beautiful Starbucks in the World
- Dubai Under Construction
PLEASE SHARE THIS:
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Share on Skype (Opens in new window)