Before finally leaving China for Canada, I connected my flight here in Shanghai so I could see the grandeur, beauty and pomp of this wondrous event that happens only ONCE in ten years!
Today, I started my camwhoring at the Expo Area in Pudong and it was very, very impressive. I didn’t realize how fabulous the event is until I started strolling the Expo Village.
There were massive, impressive and creative architectural designs—showcasing each country’s best of the bests.
The queues were long and the searing heat of the sun was impeccably nasty. People didn’t seem to mind it. They entered every country’s pavilion so they could see a lot more in a short time.
I only went inside to 9 pavilions, mostly less known countries because there wasn’t any queue. I only queued up in Philippines, Malaysia and Australia Pavilions.
The rest of the pavilions, I was just taking pictures of the facade. I am a very impatient person and queueing up is NOT my forte.
Also, I can’t stand poisonous, ghastly armpit odor. 🙂
Kingdom of Cambodia
China’s Pavilion has the longest queue ever. Wrinkles….
Where’s the touch of Taj Mahal? 🙂
Indonesia is BIODIVERSITY city.
It was soooo quiet there at night and the lights were perfect! Very conducive for meditation.
I love Israel. The men. :))
According to Japan, the future is soooo PINK! This Pavilion has the second longest queue (next to China) among Asian countries.
There’s only one girl that comes to mind when this country is mentioned: Aizhan. Miss her. 🙁
Malaysia, truly Asia. Don’t you think she’s very photogenic at night?
Morocco, I’m wistfully thinking of you.
More photos of other countries tomorrow.
OH, THE PLACES YOU'LL GO!
- 2010 Shanghai World Expo: Asia Pavilions 2
- 2010 Shanghai World Expo: Europe 2
- My First Flash Mob
- 2010 Shanghai World Expo: Europe 1
- 2010 Shanghai World Expo: Africa
- 2010 Shanghai World Expo – The Americas
- 2010 Buskerfest Toronto (Part 1)
- 2010 Buskerfest Toronto – Part 2
- 2010 Buskerfest Toronto – The Fire Edition
- Mt. Fuji
- Take a Peek Inside The China Sex Museum
- Palestine v.s. Israel
PLEASE SHARE THIS:
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Share on Skype (Opens in new window)